- April 23, 2015
Good day to you, I hope you are having a great day so far. Today I want to talk about wall coverings, as these can help create that pleasant interior look you can fall in love with.
Do you know that a wall covering can create different kinds of atmosphere in a room? They come in a multitude of types and styles, and are comprised of all materials that may be used to cover a wall for decorative and/or utilitarian purposes.
Well, a few people would debate the aesthetic excellence of wall coverings over paint but we might be surprised to note that there is such a wide array of treatments that may be used to cover a wall.
Most wall coverings can retain their original beauty and performance characteristics for at least 10 years under normal usage conditions, whereas a painted surface must be cleaned more frequently to maintain its appearance, and generally requires repainting approximately every three years.
Why choose wall covering over painted surface?
Modern wall coverings contain aesthetic appeal which is unmatchable with painted surfaces.
Listed below are some uses of painted surfaces to achieve various states as opposed to the use of wall coverings:
• Flat Color: Painting the whole room, one color.
• Accent Wall: One room, one color except for one uniquely colored wall.
• Textured Paint: Paint containing a media to give it texture.
• Custom Paint: Mural designs using paint.
• Faux Finishes: Custom paint designs that add pattern and depth.
Most people are familiar with these major painting techniques, the interesting fact is that you can also repeat these exact states and more with wall coverings as well:
• Flat Color: There are single color wallpapers available, though not particularly popular.
• Accent Wall: Can be achieved by utilizing wallpaper on one wall.
• Textured Paint: There are many varieties of textured wallpaper from plain to ornate.
• Custom Paint: Wallpaper manufacturers have a wide variety of mural wallpapers.
• Faux Finishes: Most popular faux finishes have their wallpaper counterparts.
• Digital: There are computer generated designs custom printed onto wallpapers.
• Photographic: Consider creating custom wallpaper using family photos.
• Bridging Material: Using this special blank wallpaper, one can eliminate the costly and messy removal and repair of an unattractive textured or damaged wall surface.
• Faux Surface: Applying an expanded textured wallpaper followed by paint is a way to replicate the look of an expensive intricate molding at a greatly reduced cost.
• Natural Surface: Discover the luxury of natural fibers on the wall such as jute, grass cloth, sugarcane or bamboo among others.
• Wood Surfaces: The application of wood veneer wall covering in a variety of species adds formality at a fraction of the cost of a traditional wood paneling.
Other functionalities of various wall coverings:
1. Electromagnetic shielding wall covering: Used in commercial applications to reduce the amount of electromagnetic interference associated with many industrial applications such as computer rooms.
2. Deodorizing wallpaper: Wallpaper infused with charcoal particles which act as a natural deodorizer.
3. Acoustic wall covering: Though traditionally associated with commercial applications, these are more commonly utilized in homes with expensive surround sound systems or home theaters. These wall coverings are specifically engineered to absorb sound energy.
4. Glow in the dark wall covering: Create a funky black light environment with fluorescent wallpaper.
5. Cork wall covering: Useful as either a bulletin board, a natural sound deadening material, a textured wall covering, or a combination of its many functions.
6. Metallic or organic wall covering: Imagine the impact of real copper or mica flakes as a wall covering.
7. Leather wall covering: Consider the unparalleled warmness that can only be obtained with a leather wall covering.
These and many more are the various uses of wall coverings. Do have a nice day.